Getting Started With FOSS
New to FOSS? Piloting the program? Start here!
Watch the short video series below or use the playlist button in the top-left corner to view individual titles and begin to get acquainted with key components of your new science program.
After viewing the three Getting Started videos, here are some next steps.
- Check out other FOSSweb Walk-through Videos and PDFs for information on registering, activating modules, creating classes, and creating student accounts.
- If you have specific questions, read through the frequently asked technical questions on our Website Help page.
- Review your FOSS Investigations Guide. If you don't have a printed copy yet, you can view an online version.
- On FOSSweb, go to your Module detail page and watch the beginning of the Teacher Preparation Video. Then review the first Investigation teaching slides.
- See what FOSS instruction looks like with students. Look at the list of Teacher Resource Introductory Videos and select those at your grade level.
The FOSS Getting Started videos include the following videos:
- Getting Started with FOSS: Meet Your Module
- Getting Started with FOSS: Explore your Teacher Toolkit
- Getting Started with FOSS: Navigating FOSSWeb
You can click the frame symbol in the lower right corner to expand the video to full screen.